CHRIST HEALING THE SICKES
The painter's own repeated variant of a signed composition from the collection of Molinari-Pradelli (in Marano di Castenaso, near Bologna). The picture in the Pushkin Museum differs from the signed variant in that it is slightly larger in size and has a more muted range of colours. A preliminary sketch depicting the central group in the composition was held in the Rudolph collection (London).
Provenance: in the collection of the Princes' Baryatinskii in their Marino estate in the Kursk Province till 1918; then in the State Museums Foundation; in the Pushkin Museum since 1924.