VIEW OF PIRNA FROM THE FORTRESS OF SONNENSTEIN
This canvas belongs to the same series as Inv Nos. 2685, 47, 271.
A slightly altered variant of the canvas from the collection in the Dresden Picture Gallery. In total there are four known variants of this composition: the Moscow and Dresden variants were the work of the painter himself, while the other two were from the Bellotto workshop.
Provenance: acquired for the Hermitage from the collection of Count H. von Brühl (Dresden) in 1768; transferred in the late-19th century to the Tauride Palace and then to Gatchino Palace; returned to the Hermitage in 1920; in the Pushkin Museum since 1930.