MADONNA WITH SAINT LUDOVIC OF TOULOUSE, SAINT ANTONIO OF PADUA AND SAINT FRANCIS OF ASSISI
This painting was acquired by the Pushkin Museum as a work possibly by Giandomenico Tiepolo. A.Morassi linked this picture with the name of Giambattista Tiepolo. In the scholar's opinion the Moscow picture should be identified with an altarpiece painted between 1730 and 1735 for the Church of S. Provolo in Venice. In 1808 the church ceased to be used for religious purposes and the works in it were sold.
Provenance: at the end of the 19th and very beginning of the 20th century the painting was in a private collection in Moscow; it was acquired by the Pushkin Museum from "Antiquariat" in 1931.