MADONNA AND CHILD ENTHRONED WITH SAINTS AND ANGELS. THE ANNUNCIATION. THE NATIVITY. THE CRUCIFIXION
This is an example of a type of portable hinged triptych, which was widespread in Florence in the 14th century.
At the bottom there is a traditional inscription in Gothic letters: AVE MARIA GRATIA PLEN[A] (Hail Mary, full of Grace) and two coats of arms in the form of triangular shields: to the right that of Florence and to the left that of the Florentine family – di Vita or Viti.
Provenance: acquired in Italy by P.P.Vyazemskii in the mid-19th century and held in the Ostafievo estate near Moscow (collections of the Vyazemskii-Sheremetievs); transferred from the Ostafievo museum-estate to the Pushkin Museum in 1924.