MADONNA WITH DONORS AND ANGELS. MOURNING
When in the Shuvalovs' collection, this icon was regarded as a work of the Florentine school and later as that of an anonymous master of the Italian school in the 14th century. V.N.Lazarev attributed it to the Neapolitan artist, Roberto Oderisi and gave it a post-1360 date. V.E.Markova attributed it to Roberto Oderisi as well and dated it to c. 1400.
Provenance: in the collection of the Counts Shuvalov in St. Petersburg; transferred from the Shuvalov Palace-Museum (Leningrad) to the Pushkin Museum in 1924.